Well, that was inspiring. And fun! On November 20, 2017, we hosted a “Twitter Takeover.” Jill Wetzler, Director of Engineering at Lyft, became the voice of @betterallies for the day, sharing strategies from her talk “The Inclusive Leader: Tips for Developing Diverse Teams.”
Jill is someone who not only talks the talk, but walks the walk. We loved amplifying her message.
Because we don’t want her Tweets to just fade away, we’ve collected them here. We also encourage you to watch the video for more context and deeper insight into her approach to leadership. It’s a good one.
— The Better Allies team
Tweets from Jill’s Twitter Takeover
A big thanks to Jill for taking over our feed for the day. It was inspiring and engaging, for us and our followers. Maybe we should do it again sometime?
In the meantime, if you’d like more detail, here are the sources Jill used in her talk:
- [Kapor Center] Tech Leavers Study
- [Lara Hogan] Managering in Terrible Times
- [McKinsey] Women in the Workplace
- [Kieran Snyder] The Abrasiveness Trap
- [NCWIT] Women in Tech: The Facts
- [Fortune] Study: 100% of women of color in STEM experience bias
- [Janice Fraser] Female Career Advancement Summed up in One Usable Diagram
Becoming an ally is a journey. Want to join us?
- Follow @betterallies on Twitter, Medium, Instagram, or Pinterest.
- This content originally appeared in our newsletter, 5 Ally Actions. Subscribe to get it delivered to your inbox every Friday.
- Read more articles on how to be a better ally, curated by Code Like A Girl.